SWeissen P - Sworn to Survive SWeissen P - Sworn to Survive

Awesome stuff dude! You keep improving and doing different sounding things, inspiring.

SWeissenP responds:

Thank you very much!

Kingdom at Arms (Organ) Kingdom at Arms (Organ)

Killer arrangement! I'm looking forward to hearing more complex orchestral pieces from you! :D

JohannAKKAK responds:

Much appreciated! I am sorry to tell you that since just started uni my uploading will be irregular, but I will definetly continue uploading! My next idea consists on using harpsichords and chorus (just because too many organ tracks will be boring after a while).
Thank you for your response and have a great day! :D

Fantasy Fantasy

Lovely little piece of music, the instruments sound kind of artificial but I'm guessing you don't have access to 1k$ software so I wouldn't worry about that for now.

I think layering and panning more strings could help fill the soundscape somewhat, reverb might help as well.

As for the piano it's fairly simple, might be because you want it that way but adding some chords and counter melodies spanning across octaves might make it more alive and interesting. Also I'd play around with the velocity on individual notes as well when working with the piano to make it more "real" sounding.

The brass is begging for a friend, I'd add another trumpet that plays roughly the same thing to make it more lively. Perhaps even a trombone or something similar to fill the "bass" void that feels awfully empty at the moment hehe.

Just offering some quick thoughts, I'm bad at expressing and giving critique but hopefully you'll learn or be inspired to improve on an already solid piece.

JohannAKKAK responds:

Amazing, thank you for your insight, I'm definetely keeping this around for next time. I didn't really want to put anything covering the lower frequencies, but I guess that was a mistake (oh well).
Cheers :)

SWeissen P - Drop Me SWeissen P - Drop Me

Holyhell! If this is a sign of things to come then sign me the f┬Ąck up! Awesome.

Overload Overload

If I had 1/10th of your talent I'd be making a lot of music. Please do post more if you have stuff lying around :)

NeXsard responds:

i'll do ma fren

SWeissen P - Drunken Whaler SWeissen P - Drunken Whaler

Hah I recognize that vocal, it's from Dishonored right? I remember downloading the stem pack for their remix contest.

As for the song it's a bit too "chill" for me but a good listen nonetheless. Always fun to explore new styles!

SWeissenP responds:

Yes it's from Dishonored! I saw the trailer and thought it would be fun to play around with it!

Sworn to Survive Sworn to Survive

It sounds good, the piano is brilliant and awesomely arranged. The trumpet/brass sample doesn't do the tune justice though. Ignoring the sample I feel there's some great opportunity to throw in counter melodies while the trumpet does it's thing, play around with it more and expand on it :)

Overall good job! I hope to hear a finished version some day!

Tale of the Heroic Frog Tale of the Heroic Frog

I love Frog's Theme and have downloaded pretty much every remix and cover that I've come across and this one will be added to my library as well! It sounds good and great arrangement, I personally would have added some well placed trumpets/horns/brass in the later stages of the orchestral section to give it some 'oomph' before fading to the piano but that's just personal preference, it's great as is :)

Good stuff!

ChronoNomad responds:

Adding little bursts of brass in the latter sections was always a consideration, so I may decide to do just that when I have some time. Many thanks for the review! I thought you might like it, and as a fellow fan of the music of Chrono Trigger (Frog's Theme in particular), that makes you something of an expert in my book. :)

Anthem of the Adventurer Anthem of the Adventurer

Good stuff! Takes me back and reminds me of the music in ''Chrono Trigger'', especially ''Froggs Theme''. It has an epic feel that could be built upon but I quite enjoy this 'simple' adventurous style as well!
Keep it up!

ChronoNomad responds:

Glad you like it, and thanks for leaving a review!

Funny that you mention Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger. I actually whipped up a cover of it just before this round of the competition officially began, having been so inspired by this song and its medieval vibe. Go check it out! Go! GO NOW! :D

MMO - The Musical MMO - The Musical

Why have I not heard this before now! I'm smiling ear to ear :D Thank you for this! And keep it up!

FoxPirate715 responds: